Beijing – 10 things to see and to do in this incredible city
I am looking on my next city, Beijing as the d-day is in few weeks. I am visiting a lot of travelers’ websites and tourist guide books to find the things that I can’t miss when I will be there. Like other big city, there are a lot of places which need / must visit asap for a tourist.
See below my first top 10 selection:
- The Forbidden City
- The Tiananmen Place
- The Great Wall
- Olympic sites: Bird Nest and famous Olympic park to remind all good moments during 2008 Olympic Games
- Hutong: There are the Beijing traditional districts. Need to visit these areas to remind how was Beijing couple of years ago.
- Eat a Peking duck: Let’s stop the fake chinese food in French restaurants. This is real Asian food!
- The Summer Temple (Yiheyuan): This is the largest Imperial garden in China. This site is classified by Unesco.
- Heaven Temple: One of the most visited place after the Forbidden City.
- Go to the Opera: Typical Chinese experience. One of the harder task in my todo list
- Lama Temple
My target is to see, visit and test these 10 things before Summer (July). It gives me 3 months to act as a tourist. I think it is achievable but we never know what can happen during this period.
I will keep you updated on my progress as soon as I land in Beijing with some famous stories and lot of pictures.